As a knitter, you’re most likely used to making gifts for friends and family members, but what do you gift someone who’s a knitter as well? There are many trinkets, knitting supplies and all-around thoughtful gifts to give your favorite knitter, and most of them don’t require any crafting know-how! Keep reading for 10 knitter-approved
As a knitter, you’re most likely used to making gifts for friends and family members, but what do you gift someone who’s a knitter as well? There are many trinkets, knitting supplies and all-around thoughtful gifts to give your favorite knitter, and most of them don’t require any crafting know-how! Keep reading for 10 knitter-approved holiday gifts.
- Personalized Yarn Bowl – While you knit, the last thing you need is for your yarn to become a tangled mess. The perfect gift for any knitter is a yarn bowl, but not a mass-produced bowl that anyone could get. If you look around websites like Etsy, you can find personalized yarn bowls that say your favorite knitter’s name across the front. This way, it will never be mistaken for someone else’s at a class or knit-along, and it will be a one-of-a-kind gift that your friend will cherish.
- Soak Kit – Blocking knitting projects can be a chore, but with a soak kit it is so much easier. Using a kit, you can choose from different fragrances and high quality wash solutions to keep knitting projects beautiful and fresh. Whether a project is delicate or heavy duty, you don’t want to take any chances on something precious and hand knit.
- Pretty Stitch Markers – Everyone needs stitch markers. They are an essential part of any project, and as you delve into more advanced patterns, you don’t want to leave these behind. Many stitch markers are plain and boring, so pick up markers that have personality. From dragons to handmade glass beads, there is a pack of stitch markers for everyone to love.
- Magazine Subscription(s) – Have a friend that is constantly snagging magazines in the grocery store check-out line? Try buying a year’s subscription to her favorite knitting magazines! I Like Knitting is just one of many magazines that holds dozens of patterns in its pages. While she may not take the time out of her day to subscribe herself, show how much you pay attention to her habits with this unique gift idea.
- Project Bag – Boring project bags make a bored knitter, so find (or make!) a gorgeous bag for your loved one. Whether it’s a large cable knit bag made from luxurious yarn or a pretty canvas tote with a clever message across the front, it will be the best gift of the year because it will be used every single day.
- Hand Care Kit – Knitting with dry and cracking hands will make anyone cringe. Many people don’t realize the importance of hand care with knitting, but having smooth hands will make you feel better and make your projects look better. No more snagging yarn on calluses because, with a kit full of lotions and hand scrubs, your fingers will look better than ever.
- Luxury Yarn – Too many knitters won’t buy luxury yarn for themselves, so this is the perfect gift for the ever-giving knitter. Along with the yarn, attach a note to let them know this yarn is to make a personal project and not a project for someone else. Let them know how much they deserve to make a luxurious project just for themselves.
- Personalized Labels – This is the perfect gift for the knitter who has everything, or if you don’t think that ever-giving knitter in your life would use a massive gift of luxury yarn. Ordering custom-made personalized labels for her knitting creations is an out-of-the-box idea she wouldn’t think of for herself. Order them to say “made with love” or “for you, from (your friend’s name)” and she will be forever grateful.
- Upscale Needles – Another gift that many knitters won’t indulge in is a pair of upscale needles. They make all the difference, and when you hand them a pair of brand new, gorgeous knitting needles you’ll see a little spark of creativity and a big smile of appreciation.
- Book Collection – While there are hundreds of free patterns online to choose from, sometimes the best ones come out of books. If your friend loves comics, get her a few books with comic-inspired patterns and pair them with enough yarn to make one pattern you know she will like. Do you know a teacher? Try working up a few cute amigurumi figures based on her lesson plans, and attach them to the books they came from.
Do you have any more suggestions for gifts for knitters? Tell us on our Facebook page!