Without a doubt, fall is right around the corner. We are starting to wake up to dew on the grass and a chill in the air. Before long the leaves on the trees will be turning orange and red, and we’ll all be craving cozy knit sweaters and hand knit scarves to keep us warm. Our October 2015 I Like Knitting issue is full of all the warm and cozy knitting patterns you’ll ever need. Ranging from simple knit hat patterns to Halloween costumes for your little one, you’ll be ready to take on the season in style as soon as you pick up this issue. We’ve even included some wonder knit scarf patterns and cowl knitting patterns for those moments when you need to whip up a quick little something to keep you warm. Keep reading below to get a little sneak peek of all the fabulous fall patterns in the October 2015 I like Knitting issue.
AUTUMN STYLE: Fall Knitting Patterns
- Ruby Autumn Fields Socks – Worked up in the perfect apple red for fall, these socks will keep your toes cozy and your heart happy.
- Azure Dreams Fingerless Mitts
- Branch Lace Hat and Mitt Set – A great set to practice your lace work with, and super cute for by the bonfire.
- Traveling Vines Socks
- Fallen Forest Baby Blanket
- Precious Little Cables Baby Blanket – If you’re ready to branch out of the basic baby blanket rut, the cables throughout this pattern will entertain you and results in a beautiful finished baby afghan.
FRIGHTFULLY DELIGHTFUL: Spooky Halloween Knitting Patterns
- Spooky Bat Beanie
- Edgar the Elephant Romper – What is cuter than a toddler in a hand knit sweater? How about a toddler wearing a hand knit elephant costume?
- Pumpkin Treat Bag
- Oliver the Owl Onesie – A knit onesie and leggings make this sweet owl, complete with “feathers.” Top off the look with the cutest knit owl hat pattern ever!
- Frankie the Fox Onesie – You’ll be stopped by everyone passing by to “ohhhh” and “ahhhhh” over Frankie the Fox. What does the fox say?
BACK TO BASICS: Cozy Knit Hats and Scarves
- Burnt Sienna Slouch Hat
- Pumpkin Spice Hat and Scarf Set – Grab that Pumpkin Spice Latte and head out with this sweet, yet spicy, knit hat and scarf pattern. A fun cable work throughout keeps you on your toes.
- Pumpkin Ridge Scarf
- Autumn Fields Beanie
- Almost Autumn Cowl – Just when the nights turn a bit chilly, you’ll be thankful for a versatile cowl in your wardrobe. The easy lace repeat is great for beginners.
- Fallen Leaves Scarf
CHASE AWAY THE CHILL: Comfy Knit Wraps and Shawl Patterns
- Queen’s Elegant Cables Scarf
- Candy Apple Sideways Shawl
- Spiced Mulberry Cowl – Cables and lace combine to form a cowl that is perfect for any outfit, whether it’s an evening outfit or a day at the office.
- Argyle Leaves Cowl – The fun leaf pattern comes together to create a vibrant argyle-like texture.
- Constant Companion Shawl
FASHION FORWARD: Knit Sweater Patterns
- Leaf Lines Sweater – If you’re looking for that perfect fitted sweater for fall, this is it. Waist shaping gives this the perfect fit that will flatter your figure.
- Honeycomb Sweater – A staff favorite, the unique texture and positive ease gives this sweater with a unique hemline a cozy yet wearable look.
- Plum Cable Pullover