Here’s how the designer Jessica described her patterns:
“Toddlers are experts at pretend play, and what little one wouldn’t be inspired to pretend to be a Firefighter with this sweet set? It doubles as a Halloween costume that can then be used long after the last piece of candy has been eaten for daily dress-up play and to spark your little one’s imagination. The set includes a vest which would work as a wardrobe staple piece, a hat, a hose with pretend squirting water, and a pretend ax. To complete the set, a Dalmatian dog is included for countless hours of fun. This set focuses on fun and practicality, allowing little ones to use their imagination and have enough interactive play pieces to make their stories as elaborate as possible. No worries about playtime getting interrupted to run errands, the wardrobe pieces can easily be worn out of the house, the puppy is the perfect size to take with you, and since the pieces are knitted, there are no worries about any poking accidents from their plastic counterparts. This piece definitely fits in that niche for those who like to have a little more roughhousing in their fun and gives a chance for those who knit for them to offer them a gift that will be cherished for years to come!”
Skill Level: Intermediate
Size: 6 months (12 months, 18 months, 2 years, 4 years, 6 years) for vest and hat. Dog, axe and hose are all one size fits all.
Vest Finished Chest Measurement: 18 ¼ (19 ¼, 20 ¼, 22 ¼, 24 ¼, 26 ¼). 1” positive ease recommended.
Shown in size 23 ¼
Knit Picks Shine Worsted (60% Pima Cotton, 40% Modal; 75 yards [69 meters]/50 grams):
- #4932 Serrano (MC), 3 (3, 4, 4, 5, 6) balls
- #K236 Dandelion (CC1), 1 (1, 1, 1, 1, 1) balls
- #25346 White (CC2), 2 balls
- #27008 Coffee (CC3) 2 balls
- #24498 Robot (CC4) 1 ball
- #25348 Black (CC5) 2 balls
- # 24779 French Blue (CC6) 1 ball.
- US size 6 (4.0 mm): 24” circular or your preferred method for working a lot of sts flat
- US size 6 (4.0 mm): 16” circular for hat
- US size 5 (3.75 mm): 24” circular for ribbing on vest
- US 4 (3.5 mm): dpn for toys.
- Removable markers
- Stitch holders
- Waste yarn
- Tapestry needle
- 2 (2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3) 1” buttons
- 2 pieces of foam cut to fit hat brim to make it sturdy
- Preferred stuffing or filling for toys.
I can’t see dog pattren! Would love to make one please
The Dog Pattern can be found here: http://www.ilikeknitting.com/ilk-blog/firefighter-set-kal-the-final-patterns/
How can I copy this page and the pattern?
is it possible to have the little dog knitting pattern? thank you!
The Dog Pattern is available here: http://www.ilikeknitting.com/ilk-blog/firefighter-set-kal-the-final-patterns/